Oct 24, 2010

Blanche de Namur - Witbier


When you drink this beer, don't expect the taste of a german weissbier. Even though the name means roughtly the same, Witbier (or White beer) has a very different taste from the classic bavarian Weissbier.

If you never tasted both of them I suggest you do a simple experience with Hoegaarden witbier and Franziskaner weiss, they are both very accessible beers and should give you the real impression on how different both styles are.

Although I'd rather the german weissbier, I have to praise my respect to this 4,5% belgian Witbier, once it got the golden World Beer Awards in it's categorie.

The 750ml bottle was bought in Italy, though... something tells me that I have to pay Belgium another visit soon...

Link to the producer: http://www.bocq.be/english/ownbrands/blanche_namur.html

No comments:

Post a Comment