Sep 14, 2010

The beggining

It all started when my brother came back from Germany in year 2000 and introduced me to something that, at that time, was completely new and strange... a beer made out of wheat! I tasted it and loved it, and decided to keep the bottle to remember the name of that awesome and different beer.

A few months later, walking in the supermarket, I found the same bottle, maybe a little bit different, with the inscription "Weissbier" on the lable. Due to a lack of german language knowledge, I though that was the same beer I had home, and bought it.

Once home I realized it was not the same beer, the brand was different, I drank it, and kept the bottle on my shelf. Then I realized the bottles looked quite good there...

Today I have over 400 empty beer bottles, and finally decided to post my collection on the web, I will post a picture of the bottle, some details like country/region of production, alcoholic degree, any prizes the beer has already won and a link to its producer website when availiable.

I would like to post also a description of the taste, but many of them were tasted years ago, and my words can't possibly describe the sensation and taste of each one of them. Besides, I am NOT a beer-sommelier, maybe one day, but still not.

PROST!

No comments:

Post a Comment