Nov 14, 2010

Gambrinus - Premium and Svetlý


Gambrinus is not only one of the most popular Czech beers, but also the name of a legendary king o Flandres, unofficial patron saint of beer and the art of beer brewing (picture above, on the right).

There is a law in Brazil that free churches from taxes... I know now which saint my church will praise when I create it as a mean of tax evasion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambrinus

The bottle on the center was aquired when travelling to Dresden and stopping at Czech Republic for refuelling (the car :P), the other two were yet another contribution from Anderl. All the bottles are 500ml volume, and though two are mostly the same, the label is slightly different. In other occasion, I wouldn't aquire the second bottle, but as I got it as a gift, it gets a picture here, a place in my shelf and in the catalogue.

The Gambrinus Premium is a Lager beer with 5,0% alcohol, while the Svetlý is a Pilsner (produced in the city of Pilsen, Czech Republic) with 4,1% alcohol. Both are produced by Plzeňský Prazdroj brewery and were posted all together here to save my fingers from typing and your eyes from reading too many posts.


Link to the producer: http://www.prazdroj.cz/en/about-the-company/products/gambrinus

No comments:

Post a Comment